Saturday, September 4, 2010

Back to School

School began on August 31st for the kids.  I began on the 30th.  I am working at the same school as last year, Beal.  I am a teacher's assistant for two half day K sessions.  This year there are 24 kids in the morning session and 21 in the afternoon! The nice piece is that I only work Monday through Wednesdays.

Tobin is a junior this year!  I cannot believe it.  Tobin is an MVP.  This is a position given to upper class men who show freshman around the school and answer any of their questions.  The principal said that 200 applied for this position and only 100 received it.  Tobin's assigned freshman homeroom is right next to Sarai's. I believe the administration use these upperclassmen to create a smaller, friendlier atmosphere to our high school.

Sarai is a freshman. It is nice that Tobin and Sarai are in the same school.  She didn't want me to take her picture, but once I suggested she hug a cat I was given a huge smile.  She does love our cats!  Friday is here with her.

Carmen moved to a new school. She's at Oak.  This is our 7th and 8th grade school.  She is on 7green. 



















Rachel is in 4th grade now.  This will be our last year at Spring St School.


The first week of school was incredibly hot. We had temperatures in the 90's. It is amazing that we all did well. It was very difficult for teachers to feel engaged not to mention the kids. I hope cooler air comes through this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment